Lesson 1 Video – Where do you find the motivation to train?
Lesson 1 Training
Warm-up (5 minutes):
- Forward lunge — 10 yards
- Backward lunge — 10 yards
- Jog — 4 minutes
Strength circuit (5 minutes):
- Front plank — 3 x 60 sec.
- Push-up — 3 x 3-12, OR Eccentric push-up 3 x 5 x 5 sec.
- Body weight squat — 3 x 25
Endurance (5 minutes):
- Run @ 70% speed — 5 minutes
- You don’t find motivation. Motivation will sometimes appear, and sometimes it won’t. Do the work regardless, every day.
- The best definition of culture I know is, “People like us do things like this.” People like us are on the women’s soccer team; things like this are that we train in the off-season. The culture we’re creating is, “Fredonia women’s soccer players train in the off-season.”
- We will start small, with 15-minute sessions for the first three days. Sessions with gradually lengthen as we adapt to the daily routine. Day by day, rep by rep, we will build new habits.